For my project, I wish to emulate the photographer Seattle Miles(who's Flickr link is here.) I admire outdoor life photos and would spend all day outside in the cold just to get a few beautiful shots. I appreciate this artist because he/she uses various subjects, and still can make them work with the outdoors. I have a few specific ideas of what I wish to accomplish with my emulation, and where I will go. I have this photo in mind to emulate. I adore photos that have a large aperture, such as F4.5. Since it is Winter in this photo and it is currently Winter here, I will be able to produce photos that are in the style of this photographer. Also, for the five photos, all of mine will have a large aperture with one point of focus, the subject's face and some of the neck/shoulder. The background, snow, will be out of focus and will emulate the style of "Seattle Miles." For my 5 photos , I will use humans. I have an idea of going to a costume store or a store where I can find either masks of animals, or something of an animal that can be put onto a human face to emulate the animal subject. I will possibly buy an elephant trunk that can be strapped around the head to make the human still look recognizable as a person, but also show the concept of animals in the outdoor life. I will use the same aperture setting and take the picture around the same time of day to get pictures with the same natural sunlight in each photo. The pictures of the humans will most likely be of the face and the neck at the most, since I want to focus on the theme of animals in the outdoor life. I will photo-shop my photos to look similar to those of Seattle Miles and have my assistants wear solid colors, maybe which go along with whichever animal I have them pretend to be. I think that if my models decided to wear a pattern, that may distract the viewer away from the face. I want to use humans because I believe it is creative and not something you may see everyday. I am looking forward to this emulation project and am eager to take many wonderful photos!
Depending on what I can find at a costume store:
*use slight amount of makeup to match the animal (if using girls)
1.cat-- cat ears/whiskers/SOME black eyeshadow
2.bunny-- ears/possible nose/SOME white eyeshadow
3.elephant-- trunk/SOME gray eyeshadow
4.puppy-- puppy ears/SOME black and brown shadow
5.pig-- pink pig nose/SOME bright pink eyeshadow
Danny Boy
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment